Can someone please verify: regular old Depression glass?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by LovesVintage, Oct 19, 2020.

1. LovesVintage

LovesVintage reader of books and tea leaves

My mother had several pieces with a few different patterns tucked away in a hutch, all a similar peachy/gold color. I'm just verifying that these are likely Depression-era glassware? And does anybody recognize any patterns / have guesses about the makers? I can't seem to find anything similar in my online searches. Please and thank you! :joyful:

IMG_1442.jpg
    IMG_1443.jpg
    IMG_1444.jpg
    IMG_1446.jpg
    IMG_1448.jpg
    IMG_1449.jpg
    IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Others will have more complete info than I, but check Floragold on the creamer and the vase/tumbler is Iris and herringbone (which has been reproduced).

pearlsnblume, bercrystal and Sandra like this.
  3. LovesVintage

Oh, it's great to have a couple of leads - thank you!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. LovesVintage

5. LovesVintage

And another great read, based on your Iris & Herringbone lead: http://www.justglass.com/documents/articles/reyne/shards.html

So now I've learned that only the clear Iris & Herringbone is actually Depression glass; mine were likely made in the 50's. There's only the two footed drinking glasses, and I quite like them. AND I can double check and make sure I don't have anything in the clear (older) version. I don't believe I do.

I have learned SO much on this board, in a very short time. Yaaaaay!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

It's generally not good news when I can identify a glass pattern. I only know the most common ones.

pearlsnblume and LovesVintage like this.
  7. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

More recent pieces like this are generally not called carnival glass but iridized glass. Carnival glass was produced much earlier and the patterns and coatings are very different :)

8. LovesVintage

Thank you!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  9. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

does the bowl in your last photo have a pattern on the inside? If so, can you show it? TY!

LovesVintage likes this.
  10. LovesVintage

Pam, I looked for the bowl when I went to my mother's again yesterday, but I must have packed it already and forgot I had done so. I'll post another pic when I locate it again - I just wanted to thank you for your reply and let you know I wasn't ignoring you!

Draft saved Draft deleted