Featured Can anyone tell me who the artist is of these 2 A/P prints?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Nov 23, 2023.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found these 2 prints along with the Privat Livemont and Jean Cocteau prints I asked about yesterday (those I was able to identify) but can not make out the artist name by the signature.
    I am hoping because it came in the same load as the first 2 it may be by a well known artist whose signature I don't recognize.
    Does anyone know who the artist is?
    PS - They don't look like it as much from my camera/phone, but both look like they are suppose to be in early dan with a mist around the houses & yards/fields.
    Thank you for any help with these!

ART PRINT HOUSE 1 FRENCH COUNTRY SIDE 1AA.jpg ART PRINT HOUSE 1 FRENCH COUNTRY SIDE 2AA.jpg ART PRINT HOUSE 1 FRENCH COUNTRY SIDE 5AA.jpg ART PRINT HOUSE 1 FRENCH COUNTRY SIDE 6AA.jpg

ART PRINT HOUSE 2 FRENCH COUNTRY SIDE 1AA.jpg ART PRINT HOUSE 2 FRENCH COUNTRY SIDE 2DAA.jpg ART PRINT HOUSE 2 FRENCH COUNTRY SIDE 3AA.jpg ART PRINT HOUSE 2 FRENCH COUNTRY SIDE 4AA.jpg

The Back of Both Look Exactly the Same w/Brown Paper Backing & Price Tag

ART PRINT HOUSE 1 FRENCH COUNTRY SIDE 8AA.jpg

ART PRINT HOUSE 1 FRENCH COUNTRY SIDE 8BAA.jpg

2. journeymagazine

Any ideas who this is?
    Is it worth keeping?

3. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

I have no idea. Personally I don’t find it very appealing.

4. journeymagazine

They are almost like architectural drawings instead of art - except there's multiple copies & a artist proof?

5. KylieS

KylieS Well-Known Member

I don't know the artist but obviously these look French too (subject but also the use of EA rather than AP) - the price on the back shows they've been sold (or attempted to be sold) at a VERY high price for a print. It could be that they are skilfully rendered tat for the tourist market, of the sort sold on cruise ship galleries; or they could be by a known artist. One way to find out is to ask some French auction houses. Just send a polite email (in French) to see if they would be interested in consigning them. However you probably won't hear back at all if they are not interested - if you sent them the Privat et al you might get a better response

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. journeymagazine

Thank you (great idea!)

KylieS likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted