Can anyone make out this label? On a 48 star flag

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by J Dagger, Jul 5, 2023.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

I have this big ol’ 48 star flag. Can’t make out the makers stamp to save my life. Address is clear, 3*5 Worcester Turnpike. Looks like possibly Newton Centre? Can’t make the rest out. And searching “flag” and the name of the road surprisingly yielded no results that I saw. It’s stamped three time and each is as illegible as the next other than “Worcester Turnpike”. I’d bet the farm it’s a Massachusetts manufacturer. 8B917073-4191-4728-8DE6-62F7B98E73BB.jpeg

laura9797 likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Home Specialties Company, Inc., 335 Worcester Turnpike, Newton Centre 59, MASS

Debora

3. J Dagger

Thanks. Always looks obvious once you know! Oddly I can’t find any info even knowing what it says. Maybe they were just the retailer rather than the manufacturer.

laura9797 likes this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I pulled the information off a search in Google Books. From the Industrial Textile Directory: Fabrics, Yards, Finishers, 1947.

Debora

Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 5.16.20 PM.png

Last edited: Jul 6, 2023
  5. J Dagger

Interesting that it came up in Google Books but didn’t seem to in Google proper. Unless I’m just doing something wrong.

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

No, you're not. In addition to Google, always helpful to go to Google Images and Google Books when doing online research.

Debora

KylieS likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted