Can anyone identify this mark?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Wantsumpen, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Wantsumpen

Wantsumpen Devil Dog

Can anyone identify this mark?
    It is missing the Chinese Great symbol, and i am having a hard time finding it. I have already searched Gotheborg, Sothebys, and Christies. Any help will be appreciated.

IMG_20190427_134016.jpg

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Posting a picture of what the mark is on can be quite helpful.

KikoBlueEyes and i need help like this.
  3. Wantsumpen

Wantsumpen Devil Dog

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    SBSVC and judy like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it's nice.....but i'm hard pressed to give it much age...

SBSVC, Bakersgma and judy like this.
  5. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I'd guess 1970s.

Wantsumpen and Bakersgma like this.
  6. Wantsumpen

Wantsumpen Devil Dog

thx

judy likes this.
  7. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

My feeling is that this is even a bit newer than the 1970's - more likely late 1980's to mid-1990's.

These bowls were ubiquitous at that time, being sold as "fish bowls", often with a (sometimes optional) wood stand.

I don't know anyone who ever actually used one for fish, but they made lovely, colorful accent pieces, sometimes used as planters, sometimes just left empty to show off the neat decoration "inside".

Personally, I've always liked them, but I don't believe they were particularly expensive when new, and I don't think they're considered terribly valuable today.

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

My folks had two of em....

SBSVC and Wantsumpen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted