Featured Can Anyone Identify The Origin of This Figurine?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Not Sure What This Is, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Not Sure What This Is

Not Sure What This Is Active Member

Hi,
    I'm pretty sure that this is Victorian, and I'm thinking English, but maybe German? The only marking is a hand painted letter that looks like an "e" or maybe a looped "l" on the interior base. It's a boy dressed up as a gentleman with umbrella and top hat. The cold painted facial features remind me of Victorian era china dolls. It has a hard glass-like glaze. It measures 6 1/4" in height. I'd appreciate any info

Ron

Victorian-Boy-Gentleman-Figurine-.jpg Victorian-Boy-Gentleman-Figurine-3.jpg Victorian-Boy-Gentleman-Figurine-5.jpg Victorian-Boy-Gentleman-Figurine-6.jpg

2. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Could be a fairing, but not sure as it's pretty tall -- I think continental and not British manufacture. Late 19th/early 20 c.

judy and moreotherstuff like this.
  3. Not Sure What This Is

Thanks Kent - that's about what I thought, so thanks for confirming!

judy likes this.
  4. Not Sure What This Is

Also, I just wanted to mention that I also thought maybe a fairing, but also thought that it was a little large and maybe better quality

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted