Can anyone ID these dishes

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by vrexrider, Feb 24, 2017.

1. vrexrider

vrexrider New Member

These dishes belonged to my Aunt who would be 125yr old if she were still living. The dishes belonged to her mother. I know they are Gaudy Dutch but I don't know much more than that. I have a dish and saucer that goes with the cup. Can anyone ID these and give me an idea of the value? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

They are British. The design was registered in 1856.

aaroncab likes this.
  3. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

It's Engish - E. Wally - here's a page with some info on him -

http://www.thepotteries.org/allpotters/1040.htm

4. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

Terry,

I was just checking out registration marks when you posted. I was going to say November 1856. Do you agree the Year letter below the IV is an "L"

I'm just trying to confirm I am reading the charts correctly

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Isnt this called gaudy Welsh? So pretty.

6. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

The market for them seems to be pretty weak. Any chipped or cracked are near worthless.

Draft saved Draft deleted