Can anyone help me Identify Lane Altavista furniture?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by MarkMaj, Aug 18, 2024.

1. MarkMaj

MarkMaj New Member

Hello! I'm wanting to start restoring/refinishing wooden furniture, and I got my first piece to refinish today! As I was cleaning it I got curious when I flipped over the side table to reveal a Lane Altavista Virginia Logo, serial number, and style number. Could anyone help me identify the year and the price of the piece? I do plan on refinishing it since it is a little beat up! I would also appreciate any wisdom/advice you would want to give me as I start my journey. Thanks!

Style No: 152 6-05
    Serial No: 2475040 (From what I could see) PXL_20240818_203829083.jpg

PXL_20240818_200746656 (1).jpg PXL_20240818_203836256 (1).jpg

komokwa likes this.
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Serial number indicates it was made April 5, 1974 at plant #2. Not among the Lane styles with collector value. Value is just as used furniture.

3. MarkMaj

MarkMaj New Member

Thank you, sir!

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. MarkMaj

MarkMaj New Member

I'm not well-versed in prices. If restored, would that fall into the range of $50-$200? Thanks in advance!

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Really depends on where you are and how selling. Less than $50.00 at retail here. Would not be worth restoring here. Most would consider it a paint project if worth working on it at all. Would be a good learning project for you but don't expect to make a living wage for your labor. Sorry, but that is the reality of it.

Figtree3, kentworld and komokwa like this.
  6. MarkMaj

MarkMaj New Member

Learning project is just fine! Thank you for your help. I won't have to worry too much about messing it up now haha!

Figtree3, komokwa and verybrad like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted