Can anyone help me ID this, French glass company 1940s TIA

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Nancy Neal, May 7, 2018.

1. Nancy Neal

Nancy Neal Well-Known Member

Hi I always thought this was Fenton,had taken it out to sell locally, and something niggled at me, I found it and it is made by a French company and shown in 1939 catalog Foolishly I did not write the name down and now guess what I cant find it again, I think it starts with a P, am still not sure if it is original or a knock off, as it seems a little crudely made to me, as al IMG_1149 (1).JPG IMG_1149 (1).JPG ways any help appreciated

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  2. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

Portieux Vallerysthal ?
    Taken from Pinterest, so please VERIFY.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    judy likes this.
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I see these on ebay and wondered myself if they were PV.
    I think but am not sure, these were reproduced at some point.
    But I do love the color.

judy likes this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Great link. Learned the covered dish I keep on top of my dresser to hold the watches I wear most often is actually a non-warming butter dish, #3805. Who knew? I have it in frosted, colorless glass. Have never seen another quite like it. Majority seem to be blue milk glass.

6. Nancy Neal

thank you so much yes that is the one, Thanks again

pearlsnblume and Bronwen like this.
  7. Nancy Neal

again thank you all for helping me and my aging brain, now I know do you all give values but is 15-20 dollars an ok price range,

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted