Campari red glass

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by wildrose, Mar 20, 2017.

1. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

I have what looks like an old piece of red glass with CAMPARI on both sides. I have googled till the cows come home with no results for anything like this. Any ideas? it is 2" tall 2 3/4" diameter. I am supposing it could be for a candle? Thanks for any help! campari.jpg campari1.jpg campari2.jpg

Rayo56 likes this.
  2. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Campari makes liquors so maybe a complimentary drink glass? Looks too big for a shot glass.
    [​IMG]

Antiquer and judy like this.
  3. Antiquer

Antiquer Member

My thoughts also. The red color and the word Campari points to the Campari alcohol brand, its written in exactly the same way. Also the font is fairly modern so its not really that old

Rayo56 likes this.
  4. wildrose

I dont think you would want to drink from this, its very thick. I did assume it was the alcohol Campari, which is red.

5. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Looks like it might have had a lid at some point.

Antiquer likes this.
  6. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Votive cups - for cafe tables - came by the dozen as a freebie from the liquor distributor. I sold about 2 dozen of them, say 5 years ago.....................

7. wildrose

Thanks Mansons!

Draft saved Draft deleted