Came across two massive sets of chinaware. Any info?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Jesse Cutler, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Jesse Cutler

Jesse Cutler New Member

Does anyone here know anything about chinaware? Got two complete sets here or at least looks like it, they’re very old?? bowls plates and tea cups I assume. all the info I have is it’s made in Staffordshire England, and both sets have diff flowers patters, one is blue one is multi colored. I’ll post some pics here one brand is myott and the other Johnson brothers I think

i must have over 200 pieces here

are these worth anything

I’ll post pics below here, I’ll try a embed some later on at work on my phone the pic sizes are too big right now

https://www.photobox.co.uk/album/temporary

2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Email your photos to yourself as size medium. Upload those photos here. Use the "Insert as Full Image" when doing so please. This should fix the size problem.

judy likes this.
  3. Jesse Cutler

Jesse Cutler New Member

Can you tell me Which button that is? It’s hard to tell on mobile I can’t hover over them. I just emailed them to my self now so I’ll try

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  4. Jesse Cutler

Jesse Cutler New Member

68EFD6A3-E169-40A2-B889-467C5068BED8.jpeg 5915E679-73A6-44FB-96D2-90B1BDD349E1.jpeg BD982DFB-7A32-43C4-BA73-CCAEBC36567E.jpeg 61658C00-651D-47BF-9A0F-C7F97B8C9343.jpeg B0250E6C-BAB2-43DA-B61C-AC55306A603B.jpeg 02FE755B-767C-4590-A3EE-23C0DD7E82AE.jpeg Here are a few for now !

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2022
    LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  6. Bakersgma

Can you post a picture of the back of a piece of the second pattern?

7. Jesse Cutler

Jesse Cutler New Member

Attached Files:

8. Jesse Cutler

Jesse Cutler New Member

9. Bakersgma

It's an English pattern and you're talking to an American. Hard for me to say.

10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

just a thought.....
    when was the last time u sat at dinner and the lady of the house pulled a ton of stuff like this out????
    & who has room for all of it ???

I doubt collectors will be your market ...;):sorry:

11. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Where I am, if it doesn't go in the dishwasher (i.e it has metal on the rim) it's dead in the water. We had a mint condition set from the 1930s that belonged to my grandparents. Donated it to a group helping refugees. They were really old and in perfect shape, but not worth enough to bother selling.

johnnycb09 and antidiem like this.
  12. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I have 3 or 4 of my Moms sets....
    my daughter has one......never sees the light of day.....mine neither...even the one in the kitchen........but I kept the Meissen cuz it's just pretty....and has memories,,

13. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Grandma's was one given to her and Grandpa for the silver anniversary. It never got used. One of the cousins ended up with it somehow and she never used it either. They later stuck my sister with it, who didn't want it ... and I took one look at the pattern and name and said "don't bother".

johnnycb09 likes this.
  14. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

When we moved I donated 3 sets of fine china . None were a "name" so there was zero market for them. Sad but everyone is right,no one wants this stuff anymore. That being said I love the ones with yellow and pink flowers.

Born2it likes this.
  15. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

get married.
    [​IMG]

komokwa likes this.
  16. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

In the UK, these are minimal value, sadly.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  17. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

I like the multi colored one. The tea cups might sell one at a time. You might be able to sell that set but not worth much especially if you have to mail it.

18. Bakersgma

The blue flowered Johnson Brothers set reminds me of the set my mother and grandmother put together via a grocery store promotion in the late 60s. There's none left after all this time, but the idea was you could "redeem" X dollars in grocery purchases for dishes. Different groups of dishes required different amounts in grocery purchases.

bercrystal and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  19. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Green stamps?
    download.png

20. Bakersgma

Nope. Although there is a sentimental connection there. My late mother in law worked for their NY office.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted