Featured Bronze Cherub

Discussion in 'Art' started by steve richards, Aug 5, 2021.

1. steve richards

steve richards Well-Known Member

a2.jpg a3.jpg a4.jpg a5.jpg a6.jpg a7.jpg a8.jpg a9.jpg a1.jpg a1.jpg This Bronze figure of a Cherub is about 8 inches tall on a 2 inch marble base.
    Together it is about 19 inch High,
    It looks like he is holding some type of instrument or flower.It might be a candle holder
    Any ideas as to it's age ,country of origin or what the Cherub is holding would be very helpful.
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    Aquitaine, Bronwen, judy and 2 others like this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi Steve, Could you please go in to your post and click on the VERY TOP IMAGE, that says to 'INSERT EVERY IMAGE AS A FULL IMAGE'....thank you so much....saves everyone else a LOT of work!!!:)

judy and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  3. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

No ideas or help with the cherub, but I had forgotten what the Antiques Board looks like on a nice roomy monitor, LOL. Phone view is completely different!

4. steve richards

Thanks I forgot to do that
    It's done now

Aquitaine, judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Is the mystery object hollow or what? We can't tell & it would be useful to know. A pic taken straight down at it would help.

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  6. steve richards

It is not hollow and I will send those photos shortly
    Thanks

Bronwen likes this.
  7. steve richards

a1.jpg a2.jpg a3.jpg

8. Robert Walker

Robert Walker Love to learn...

Hi Steve. Very nice. My tip, run a picture through a 'reverse image' app, I'm sure you will find another, and soms info. I tried doing it for you. But, it works much better if you have a photo of the object on its own. (So no interfering objects, like comp-screens in the backround:) My go to app is 'ImageSearch'. What I like about it: you select a picture and can run it -without uploading it again- through the four major reverse image sites. If one doesn't find it, go on to the next- eventually I'm sure you find it. Take care, Robert.

LauraGarnet02 and Figtree3 like this.
  9. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Just a comment... I had never heard of that app, and will try it! (I'm not the original poster.)

10. steve richards

Thanks
    I will try it

11. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

@Figtree3
    Fig, did you find the app and try it yet? If so how is it working and what do you think about it?

12. steve richards

I used tineye and google but did not find anything similar but that is a great idea
    Thanks

13. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

I would say candle holder with that shallow hollowed out area. Sort of a melancholy looking fellow.

14. steve richards

What is the best reverse image web sight to use
    Thanks

15. Figtree3

No, I forgot to look. Just now I looked on the computer (not the phone) and didn't find it for sure. Found one for "i" devices (Apple) but I don't have one. Found another for Android but user ratings were extremely low. Still not sure whether any were the one I looked at. I would need to know the developer's name.

16. Figtree3

I don't know. I've only used Google image search and Tineye.

17. Robert Walker

Robert Walker Love to learn...

Hi all. I posted the previous post about the app to ‘reverse image’. The best of the four, that you can use. It varies a bit per item. (That’s why I like that you can switch between searchengines.) In my experience, the best of the four to use: ‘Yandex’. (You will prob need to run the info through ‘translate’:)’ Second best: ‘Bing’. ‘Google’ only if it’s very populair. ‘Tiny eye’ it doesn’t work for me. But! It once helpt me out, when the other -before mentioned 3- didn’t give a ‘hit’. Funnily enough, this was also the only time ‘T E’ even gave me a ‘hit’. Sometimes, it’s worth having some patients. And definitely worth looking through the ‘similar images option’. I have nearly always found out info in what I wanted through running it through this app with different search-engines. Hope it works for all of you, also! All the best, Robert.

Figtree3 likes this.
  18. Figtree3

Thank you! Yandex is a popular search engine in Russia, isn't it? I visited Russia once about 15 years ago and remember the name from there.

Draft saved Draft deleted