Brickwede Brothers Antique Dining Table Set?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by techbiker, Jul 25, 2023.

1. techbiker

techbiker Well-Known Member

Howdy!

I've been looking for an appropriate dining table set for my craftsman-era home. To avoid a problem like that cast-iron wall plaque, I thought I would reach out to the community before pulling the trigger.

The set I'm considering is a nice-looking recently refinished and reupholstered Brickwede Brothers 6 chair dining table set. The upholstery looks good and the table looks to be in good condition save for some light scratches on the top. 90" long with the leaves. The set has a somewhat-gothic appearance and appears to be authentic as it has been in seller's family since new. Circa 1920? Assuming that all chairs and the table are in good, authentic condition, what would something like this be worth?

I know there isn't much detail here- just a generic feeler.

Thank you in advance!

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I looked......but there are many styles with even more assorted chairs around them...

one guy says $350......another sys less another sez more.........

without seeing what you're looking at.......I can't begin to estimate...

recently refinished and reupholstered.............
    what I can say is for the work involved....sounds like a grand was put into it !:eek:

techbiker likes this.
  3. techbiker

Thank you for the info!

It does look like a good deal of money was invested in the set. I don't have much time for restoration work now, so I don't mind paying a bit more for something that's ready to go. The table and chairs have intricate wood carvings and supposedly the set is complete. Everything appears to be functional. The upholstery is plain beige so no "vomit 70's" stuff here lol. I'm thinking this would be worth somewhat more than $350 plus more for the restoration work.

I'm no furniture expert though!

komokwa likes this.
  4. komokwa

well, somewhere between how much you want it......
    &
    how much they want for it !!!!
    ;)

but the wisdom here, is that refinished and reupholstered......comes at a cost

good luck:happy:

techbiker likes this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Hard to evaluate without some pictures. Value really depends on where and how it is being sold. Dining sets here in my semi-rural Midwest location, even in good condition, go for a song. Check out the thrift store furniture thread for some examples.

Sedona, johnnycb09 and komokwa like this.
  6. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Tech-If your located in the rural Midwest (also deep South),as Brad said-furniture goes for a song.
    I was gonna suggest a used but new reissue of a Stickley-but even the newer used ones are 5-8K ! They are quality-wise comparable to the 100 yr old pieces (sans patina).

techbiker likes this.
  7. techbiker

Thank you for the info. I'm actually in the DFW area where used furniture apparently retains some value. I guess all of the new home construction here helps.

komokwa likes this.
  8. komokwa

Go Cowboys !!!

techbiker likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted