Brass Stiffel Floor lamp Info?

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by GreenEyedGal, May 23, 2018.

1. GreenEyedGal

GreenEyedGal Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone!
    This was left by my mother, and I’m not sure where she acquired it . I am moving across country and not sure if it’s worth dragging along with me :) I know nothing about stiffel and I have tried to research it via the number on the bottom with no success - Any info would be wonderful!! Thanks in advance! FABCCE27-C536-4AE9-A5AF-5E03AAACC972.jpeg 1667B3AC-5DBC-46D5-BD02-8E461A4FC2DC.jpeg C19D09D2-FBF4-4FC7-8806-7FF90FA2EDE1.jpeg 0BB7D068-EAED-4B0A-B62F-81CEC1780D88.jpeg

Aquitaine likes this.
  2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    It is newer since it was made in Chicago and has a Zip Code. I think the Zips were added in 1963.
    greg

3. GreenEyedGal

Thank you!! I knew nothing about the zip code ...I learned something new today! :)

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Maybe add a photo of the entire piece. I'm having trouble seeing the shape top to bottom.

General thoughts, these Stiffel lamps were incredibly well made. Will last a lifetime to be sure.

Agree about the dating, maybe 1970's for this. Was probably somewhat expensive new.

If you can use a floor lamp, this one will never fail you, but it probably does have some resale value (how much depends a bit on where you live -- whether you would be posting on Craigslist or shipping, etc.)

I really like the base. Do you have the original shade by any chance? Also if you have a chance, post a photo of the entire thing, top to bottom.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  5. GreenEyedGal

Hi Lucille b ,
    I will see what photos I have , when I take photos ( they are to large to upload in the forum ) so a friend of mine took them & sent to me . I do not have the original shade , and it is a lovely lamp ...This is my final move so I have parted with many large collectibles and I have had a hard parting with this for some unknown reason, thus the purpose of finding out a tad more about it if possible :) I will try to get more pictures up & thank you so very much!

6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Maybe you can just describe the top. Was thinking I might be able to find similar lamps on Ebay to compare. Another thing you could do would be to Ebay search "Stiffel floor lamp" under completed auctions, and see if any similar pop up and what they sold for if you are curious about possible value.

I took a quick look on Ebay, the big sellers are the mid century looking ones (didn't even know Stiffel made those!) and the standard brass floor lamps seem to be in the $100-200 range for an asking price, several unsold. These brass lamps are a bit out of fashion at the moment, but as I said, if you like it, it will last you a life time. Also viewing the base, this one does look like a higher end version from the line.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Lucille.b likes this.
  8. GreenEyedGal

Oh wonderful !! I never even thought about eBay! I just googled & saw some rather plain ones...Thank you! I think I will keep it & try to find a beautiful shade :)

yourturntoloveit and Lucille.b like this.