Book - Blue and White Pottery by Mary Joseph & Edith Harbin 1973

Discussion in 'Give Aways' started by Bookahtoo, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

This is a book of many photographs of blue and white pottery, what the authors call them, and a dollar amount they've put on them. There are no maker's ids but the photos are real nice.
    The book is printed on glossy card stock and has a thick plastic spiral spine.
    Free shipping.
    I'll put the names of those interested in a hat and draw the winner next Sunday evening at 6 PM.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  2. Bookahtoo

Anyone interested in this book?

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

If no one else wants it, I would like to have it, Book.

4. Bookahtoo

Okay - it's yours Bakersgma. Please message me with your information.

5. Bakersgma

Whoo hoo! Thanks, Book!:happy:

6. Bakersgma

Message sent!

7. Bakersgma

My books arrived today! Amazing that they didn't get damaged - the envelope was shredded :eek: and the tape the PO put on for "repair" was only hanging on by a thread. But the bubble wrap kept them together along with your note!

Have only had a chance to flip through, but the pictures are great!

Thanks!

komokwa and Figtree3 like this.
  8. Bookahtoo

Wow! I guess their machines didn't like my packing job. I'm glad they arrived safe.

9. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Strangely, the book you sent me had a good-sized hole punched into the front of the bubble-wrapped envelope. But it was not falling apart completely. Maybe your local post office?

10. Bookahtoo

Yikes! My local post office is great - very small - I do all my mailing there. There are only 2 people who work there. They have no machinery of any sort except the scales. I will mention it to them.
    I did send a lot of the books in envelopes - either wrapped in bubble wrap and then in a big envelope or in a box and then in the envelope. But I do that all the time.
    Bkrsgma - as I recall, I had your books in bubble wrap, then in one of my big envelopes. When I got to the post office it was going to be pricey so they gave me a flat rate padded priority envelope and I popped the whole thing in there. And someone managed to wreck them both. :mad:

Figtree3 likes this.
  11. Bakersgma

What I received was just a large manila envelope - slit open on one end and having a number of other rips, both front and back - no flat rate envelope at all. :eek:

12. Figtree3

I'll bet it wasn't their fault... but I suggested your local post office only because it seemed like an odd coincidence, and I imagine that the packages to Bakersgma and to me took very different routes to their destinations. Since your p.o. is small maybe it was whichever larger p.o. they normally send their packages to?

13. Bakersgma

I looked at the Tracking, using the number on the label, just to make sure that it had not been delivered elsewhere, damaged by that recipient and then returned to the carrier. There wasn't much detail from there to here, as I recall. But the label showed it was sent Media Mail with postage of less than $3. Maybe it wasn't mine that was transferred to Flat Rate?

14. Bookahtoo

I must be confused - and I can't find my receipts right now. :bag::wacky:

15. Bakersgma

Don't worry about it, Book. The contents were fine. No harm, no foul. ;)

16. Figtree3

Yes, it's fine. I have thrown the package away so can't really help with tracing anything.

Draft saved Draft deleted