Blue & White Enamelware Pot & Lid - Dating Help

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by realityspace, Mar 4, 2021.

1. realityspace

realityspace New Member

Hello,

Is this antique or reproduction?

Thanks! 4E4A7F63-CFDE-45F7-BB8C-4455783F6A06.jpeg 57267E34-9083-41E0-AAFA-F9CB9174CBD5.jpeg 1FF586DB-4DE8-47AF-AE7F-7E9FA045F014.jpeg 9F53A0E3-894E-465D-B958-D3F984C755B6.jpeg

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Nice, but I don't see any wear at all. Is there anything that gives the impression it has been used? Can we see the inside?

Tanya and realityspace like this.
  3. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

4. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

Looks like a newer manufacture. I don't see any rivets holding the handles on either. Older ones would more than likely be riveted I think. Quite a lot of the new stuff is coming from China (like lots of things)

Bakersgma likes this.
  5. realityspace

realityspace New Member

Thank you for your responses! This was filthy when I found it. It cleaned up so well, I figured it probably wasn't too old. There are no rivets on the handles; the underside of the lid is smooth. The inside is immaculate and there are a few chips along the rim of the lid and one on the bottom of the pan. No discernible stains except a bit of buildup (possibly rust but probably just more grease I need to clean!) around the handles.

Hope that is helpful. Thanks!

6. realityspace

realityspace New Member

Also, the metal handle is flush with the lid. Another thing that made me think it might be newer is the measurement: Exactly 8" inside diameter. It's 3-1/2" high.