Blue glass serving tray maker?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Roger67, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Roger67

Roger67 Well-Known Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Bought a lot of blue glass yesterday but the tray, I can't find anything that looks like it. Any suggestions. By researching blue it is very confusing. You can't see in the pictures but it has like a swirl in the blue. TIA

say_it_slowly and lauragarnet like this.
  2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Check out McKee Delphite blue for the pepper shaker & Cambridge is a possible maker for the plate with the handle.

Peggy

3. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

Try this search:
    cambridge azurite glass center handle tray

You can compare details like measurements, shape of handle, etc.

I tried the chat about depression glass site, but they seem to be down and no pages will load.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    say_it_slowly and Roger67 like this.
  4. Roger67

Thanks ladies it does look like Cambridge. I couldn't find nothing that looked like it. Thank You so much!

say_it_slowly and lauragarnet like this.
  5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

The pepper shaker is McKee.I have the full set. The chalaine blue color as well as the delphite blue are my favorite colors of vintage glassware.

And those drinking glasses may be
    Pv France Blue Goblets but I am not sure.

What a terrific haul of blue glassware, love it.
    :)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    say_it_slowly likes this.
  6. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

the CHS looks like Cambridge #158

7. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

The gold encrusted border on the Cambridge center handled server is called Minton. Several companies did this general style of border. It may have been decorated by Cambridge, or one of the 3rd party decorating companies that did a similar border.

BTW, Chat about site isn't down, it just has a large area of white dead space at the top of the page. If you scroll down you can see the page. Search doesn't work too well in that I can only get it to display one page of results even if there are several, pages, when you try to go to the other pages, it takes you to a search page.

Here is their page showing the Minton border from the various companies, just remember to scroll down.

http://www.chataboutdg.com/gallery/img9299.search.htm

cxgirl likes this.
  8. Roger67

THANKS everybody! Yes pearlsnblume it was a good haul and at a good price too:joyful: and yes them are LV France blue.

Draft saved Draft deleted