Blue and white porcelain porcelain possibly Russian

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KBarron, Aug 25, 2020.

1. KBarron

KBarron New Member

Blue and white porcelain vase approx 9.5cm high possibly Russian not sure on maker’s mark any info appreciated thanks.

cxgirl and say_it_slowly like this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I found your photos in Gallery and I'm thinking this is what you're asking about. It's helpful if you add them to your post so people won't think you don't have photos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I don't know if this edited version of your mark photo helps or not.

Google translate tells me that Черновы translates as Chernovy in English. When I Google Chernovy Porcelain I get Gzhel porcelain and what I think they are saying is that the artists are the Chernovys but I don't know. There were a few figurines with your mark that came up using Chernovy / Gzhel however I didn't find your mark when looking for Gzhel marks.

So not much help. The link below has quite a few Russian marks but none like yours that I saw (and didn't upset my computer). I'm going to stop looking at Russian links as one out there triggered my computer security to scan. Someone may know your piece. I have no good resources to check.

upload_2020-8-25_13-6-15.png

https://logo-collection.fularsen.dk/#collections

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  4. wanderer

wanderer Member

Hi KBarron,
    They are Russian from Gzhel porcelain factory -Victoria and Leonid. They are joined company in 1988 and established their own trade mark in 1998.

http://gzheli.ru/izdel/chernov1.htm

I hope you will have an option to translate it in English so you can read it. shtamp.jpg ChernoviGzhelWebPage.png

5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The person who originally posted hasn't been back yet to see the replies. But I just wanted to say Welcome to Antiquers, @wanderer !

Draft saved Draft deleted