Featured Blown glass red and gold crackle footed bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Steven S., Jun 14, 2023.

1. Steven S.

Steven S. Well-Known Member

This is large-about 10” by 7” oval and 4.5” tall. It has applied clear crimped trim around the top edge and four clear applied feet. Cranberry red with gold on the rough crackle exterior. Polished pontil marked “378.” Any help would be appreciated. IMG_9141.jpeg IMG_9139.jpeg IMG_9138.jpeg IMG_9146.jpeg

2. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Looks hand blown from the pontil mark. Ruby murano or maybe bohemian. Some similar search results showing as moser. Would be nice if it was

johnnycb09 and judy like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

4. Steven S.

5. Steven S.

6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Ive google searched it to death,and I just cant find a match. The numbers on the bottom throw me.I still think Murano.

7. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

I have sold a piece in this pattern at least 25 years ago - for the life of me I can't remember who it was attributed to - but it's either Barovier - Loetz/Kralik/Rindskopf - or Stevens & Williams

8. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 19, 2023
    johnnycb09, Bakersgma and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. Verrefou

Verrefou Active Member

There is an English maker called D'Humy (hope I spelled that right!) that makes a finish similar to what you have here. I only had one piece many years ago that was a small roundish vase. But the finish looked much like your pieces....just a thought!

Draft saved Draft deleted