Featured Blenko #972 decanter. Worth?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by cfh, May 30, 2024.

1. cfh

cfh Well-Known Member

I know people don’t always like to give opinions on what things might be worth, but I am kinda stumped on this one. I can’t find any that have sold, except one on worthpoint, and it did not have a stopper. The only other one like it, that I can find, is currently for sale on ebay. They wanted $799. Is anyone here experienced with blenko enough to guess at what it may be worth? Here is the link to worth point. I don’t have an account but I know some of y’all do. https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/blenko-972-hand-blown-amethyst-art-51200609

IMG_9997-compressed.jpeg

Thanks for any guesstimates.

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

$799 for Blenko is possible. I guess? I'm not a glassie though and would probably put it back at the ill Will if it was over $19.99 :D:D:D

3. cfh

cfh Well-Known Member

Ha! I paid $20 for it today. So, very close to what you would have paid.

4. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

$82.00 (2012).

5. cfh

cfh Well-Known Member

Thanks a bunch!!!

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

luv that color.......:happy:

pearlsnblume, johnnycb09 and cfh like this.
  7. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Like Poke said to Scarlett "Askin aint gettin" ! $799 ??? Thats madness. Ayt their peak they werent bringing that much.

8. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Me too

cfh and komokwa like this.
  9. cfh

cfh Well-Known Member

I agree. If it’s still listed that means no one is buying.

Any Jewelry and johnnycb09 like this.
  10. cfh

cfh Well-Known Member

I might try the Blenko facebook group.

11. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Having the original stopper bumps that $ up a bit.

Maybe others can speak to this... When did the "Blenko craze" really take off? Was it already in full swing in 2012? If anything I think prices might be slightly down from 5 years ago, but anyone know what was happening in 2012? (The date of the WP auction.) Might help with estimating value.

Nice find.

Last edited: May 30, 2024
  12. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I thought it was just starting to gather some steam now, or maybe four or five years ago.

pearlsnblume, johnnycb09 and cfh like this.
  13. cfh

cfh Well-Known Member

I don’t know when the Blenko craze took off. I figured the price would at least be doubled or tripled with the stopper. But what do I know? It seems like it might be a rarer piece because I can’t find many like it online. But maybe not. What I failed to mention before is that I already have another of the same style in green. I never contemplated selling the first, so I never researched it. It has some pretty bad water stains in it that I could not seem to get out.

IMG_0015-compressed.jpeg

14. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

That's a very pretty set!

cfh, pearlsnblume and johnnycb09 like this.
  15. cfh

cfh Well-Known Member

The facebook Blenko group has said that this piece is definitely harder to find. They do comment on value. But I am glad to know I found a good piece of glass.

mirana, johnnycb09 and pearlsnblume like this.
  16. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

no one likes to give out values .... too many unknowns...

cfh likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted