black amethyst czech perfume

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Steven S., Oct 26, 2021.

1. Steven S.

Steven S. Well-Known Member

I could use some help with this bottle. I can't find anything like it. It's acid marked on base "Czechoslovakia" in a circle. Brass cap is marked "France." It has tiny applied glass beads in the form of cherries. Missing the sprayer doohickey. Search terms or links to comparable pieces would be appreciated.

aaarsDSC03502 (2).jpg

Bronwen and moreotherstuff like this.
  2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Since it is marked France on the collar the prime suspect would be Marcel Franke but it could also be others.

They would have purchased the bottle from one of the many glass shops in Czechoslovakia & then put on their own hardware which includes the metal collar & the atomizer apparatus. That way it didn't matter about the exact size of the bottleneck as it was covered up with the collar & that is what the atomizer apparatus screwed into. :happy:

There is a term for this type of decoration but it will not come forward to the right place in my brain at the moment. :facepalm::facepalm::banghead::banghead::banghead::bag::arghh::arghh::arghh:

I am sure someone here will remember it for me though. :happy::happy:

I will try putting a call out to @Helen Farnsworth to see if she might pop in with any additional information.

It is a very cool bottle & collectors do by bottles without the atomizer hardware because we often have spare parts hanging around that we can use. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

or they made it as with jewelry with glass stones from Gablonz. the whole was made there including the France stamp - even marked "made in France" when it was also intended for further export.

4. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Coraline.

5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@Ce BCA - Thanks for reminding me of that word!!:happy::happy:

I Googled "coraline perfume" & found a light blue Marcel Franke bottle that had a coraline design but it was sold on Etsy so you could not access the listing. :grumpy:

There was also a Fenton bottle but that was all I could find.

If by chance you want to have the atomizer hardware let me know. I have some spare parts.

pearlsnblume, Steven S. and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted