Belated intro and life story......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by pewter2, Feb 13, 2018.

1. pewter2

pewter2 Well-Known Member

A belated introduction from pewter2 .....I posted one some weeks ago in wrong area so here goes again
    Semi/not/never will, retired antiques dealer in Australia..somewhere between 74 years old and death but still mobile and have most of my senses intact. Main area of retailing and collecting is late 17th century onwards to Victorian eras, covering most facets of silver, furniture,glass , porcelain, snuff boxes, et al.I am actively involved in military reenactments , British / Napoleonic war, and also American Civil war. As an added interest I show Tibetan Spaniel dogs.....pretty sucessfully.
    I am scheduled to reopen Antiques shop on a smaller scale next month,,,,,,still too young to retire...... wife can't get rid of me quick enough
    I conduct appraisal days for several charities,estate valuations and am a published author for antiques based publications. the end.........finis.........regards pewter2

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, pewter. I did notice you a couple of times.
    Congratulations, and good luck.
    Sounds like your wife is too young to retire too.;)

3. pewter2

Many thanks "Any jewellery" .....she has suggested that I can be a bit annoying when bored !!,,,,,regards pewter2

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

:hilarious:

Christmasjoy and KingofThings like this.
  5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

6. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Hello!
    You and your expertise will be very welcome here. :)

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Welcome! We love crazy Aussies around here and anyone into old stuff; it sounds like you're doubly qualified. (and reading the boards will keep you out of the wife's hair for a while into the bargain.)

8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Well Hellooo and WELCOME, Pewter2!!!!! Sounds like you're going to fit in here JUST perfectly:smuggrin::smuggrin::rolleyes::rolleyes:!! ALSO sounds like you need to take us on a visual tour of your collecting!!!!!:):):)
    BTW, I LOVE your "Introduction"!!!!!

9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, pewter2!

10. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome again! :)
    "American Civil war" in :eek: AUSTRALIA!!!???

Christmasjoy likes this.
  11. LIbraryLady

LIbraryLady Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!

12. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

13. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I still want to see what a Tibetan spaniel looks like.

14. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Christmasjoy likes this.
  15. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Looks suspiciously like a short coated Pekingese. Love the rating table. Would work well for people too: potential for drooling, weight gain, mouthiness, etc. Pewter mentioned before that one of his is a prize winner. Really trying to nudge him to show us his own pooches. :happy:

16. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

17. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELCOME AGAIN pewter2 !!! .. LOVE your intro :) .. happy to see that you are re-opening your shop, you are YOUNG OKAY!! IN HEART AND SPIRIT, hoping to view some of your treasures, .. Joy. .. :)

18. pewter2

hello kingofthings.....very active over here, anything in the way of reenactments...medieval to twentieth century.I represent a 2nd Lt in the F coy, 8th Virginian volunteer militia.....a sword is a lot lighter than a brown bess.
    you would be surprised how much interest is in American history in Australia. the UK and around the world. Our team was in the US last year to reenact

19. pewter2

many thanks for welcome ....pewter2

KingofThings and Christmasjoy like this.
  20. pewter2

thanks christmasjoy...haven't tried to send pics yet..will learn....regards pewter2pi

KingofThings and Christmasjoy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted