Featured Bedroom Set

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by BigTater, Feb 25, 2024.

1. BigTater

BigTater New Member

Hello,

Any chance at identifying this set? At some point there was a makers mark on the inside of the upper left drawer, but it's gone missing over the years. We believe it's from the 50's, but not entirely sure. 20240224_154219.jpg 4715701766946800195.jpg 20240225_103338.jpg 20240225_123025.jpg 20240225_114443.jpg 20240225_130738.jpg

johnnycb09, judy and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

No mark inside the nightstand drawer? Otherwise, doesn't matter much who made these, as they are not high-end designer pieces. late 50s-60s would be the time range.

3. BigTater

BigTater New Member

No, nothing inside the nightstand drawer. Any chance you could estimate a value? I was thinking of $350-$500 for the set.

judy likes this.
  4. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I was thinking give away or an axe

komokwa and BigTater like this.
  5. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

It would be a earmarked for a charity donation if it were taking up space in my suburban Midwest US home. (Location matters. Your post doesn't state where in the world you are, though the back of the house reflected in the mirror looks very American to me.)
    Also, it's not what most would consider a complete bedroom set, there would have been a taller chest of drawers, too. And what size is the head- and foot-board set? No one seems to want smaller that a queen-size nowadays.
    Regardless, it doesn't change my answer. It was "affordable" furniture when new and unfortunately hasn't retained any value. It's also not a particularly desirable style.
    If I felt motivated, I'd probably list it on FB Marketplace for $150 for a couple weeks and see what happens. Even $100 could make it worthwhile to make the effort, to some pocketbooks. Usually, however, I don't feel like going through the hassle of spam messages, disappearing interested parties, no-shows, strangers-in-my-home, and tire-kickers for something I kinda think no one's going to want anyway. But you never know!
    An FB free posting or curb alert might be the way to go if you don't have a local charity that picks up furniture donations. :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
    verybrad, Ghopper1924 and BigTater like this.
  6. BigTater

BigTater New Member

Perfect! You guys have answered what I needed. Thank you so much.

Ghopper1924, Debora and bluumz like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted