Barry Kieselstein-Cord? Earrings

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Brenda M, Jul 14, 2024.

1. Brenda M

Brenda M Member

I have a pair of earrings that look just like Barry Kieselstein-Cord pieces but they aren't marked in any way. Maybe they are copycats. There is a round silver piece supporting the pierce prong on the back. Wondering if they could have been converted and this is covering up a mark. Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

moreotherstuff likes this.
  2. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Sorry Brenda but IMO they’re a counterfeit casting. The actual pieces were bought all day long at retail in the 80s, cast and then returned. You can see from the underside that they’re not clean. I’ll post pics of my toad so you can see the difference-back in the day his wife was a client of mine so my pieces were all bought directly from him in the showroom. The feet should have a stamped number. I honestly don’t know if it’s illegal to sell them or not since they’re not signed but it probably is.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2024
    komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Brenda M

Brenda M Member

Oh no.....well, at least I know for sure. Thanks for taking the time to respond reader!

reader likes this.
  4. reader

reader Well-Known Member

No prob-sorry. I’m resizing mine now so you can compare. If you sell them, call them frogs even though they’re toads. His designs are copyrighted and he has sued. IMG_2024-07-14-122552.jpeg IMG_2024-07-14-122605.jpeg IMG_2024-07-14-122623.jpeg

5. Brenda M

Brenda M Member

Now I see there is a big difference. Thanks again!

Any Jewelry, kyratango and reader like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Draft saved Draft deleted