Featured Barbie Dolls.

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by daveydempsey, May 13, 2022.

1. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Before I go to the sale tomorrow does anyone see anything special in these boxed Barbies.

upload_2022-5-13_18-24-58.jpeg

Also I have these two which were special issues by Avon.

upload_2022-5-13_18-25-47.jpeg

upload_2022-5-13_18-26-12.jpeg

2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Figtree3, Boland, ulilwitch and 2 others like this.
  3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

@BoudiccaJones knows much more about them than me, but if I remember correctly she doesn't claim to know very much about Barbies either..........but I think she could be of more help than I could........the fact that they all appear to be mint, in their original boxes helps.

4. daveydempsey

Thanks Judy.

My son said that there is a new Barbie movie coming out so they might increase in value.
    He has 4 daughters so knows these things.

I said "two grown men talking about the price of Barbies"

What next:hilarious:

I have lots of unboxed ones too, I will take them to York in the morning and ask £5 for unboxed and £10 for boxed.

kyratango, bercrystal, Boland and 3 others like this.
  5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I wish I could advise you on price.

First I've heard of a Barbie movie........ 4 granddaughters in the family............are they doll lovers?

Best of luck with the sale........let us know if you find any to be of exceptional value...............

6. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

I would keep the Generation Barbie. My sister has the originals but not the boxes.

7. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

At a car boot sale last week, I was perusing the quality items on the table and this burly chap walks up and says ‘ I’ve come to pick up the Barbie’ I think, that’s an odd thing for a grown man to be collecting. Then the seller disappears into his van and wheels out a full size BBQ :rolleyes:

8. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

9. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

The Avon ones are *collector** Barbies , not meant for kids ... if they were mine I'd ask £20 ish for them. I sold a Generation Girl earlier this year for £30 ish and the box was rough ... it was Nichelle though who I think is harder to find

Last edited: May 14, 2022
  10. daveydempsey

I kept back the Avon and Generation dolls but the rest all sold including the unboxed ones before 06.30 this morning.

I started at 06.00 and by 7.00 I had earned a months wages:hilarious:.
    I packed away at 10.00, I sold my scrap silver and gold to the resident gold buyer and came home.
    Tomorrow its Hemswell for another sale, I will have to find some more popular items.

CatEyes, judy, pearlsnblume and 8 others like this.
  11. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Wow - can we see a picture of your set up tomorrow???? You know a lot of us live through you. :eek::D:oops:

12. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Maybe now you'll have time to take Buzz to the beach again. :)

judy, pearlsnblume and daveydempsey like this.
  13. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

As a Barbie collector. mostly vintage and high-end modern, I don't see anything of great value. I would let them go to new homes. There was a guy last summer at my flea market who couldn't sell his after weeks, and he let them go for $2 each. They were certainly worth that just for the clothes and shoes because Barbie outfits even in Wal-mart are $5 and up. If I were buying, I would look at the Avon one in the red/black evening gown with the Mackie face mold, hair up. Next, the Polynesian Barbie, and lastly, the brunette City Scene? doll only because she has black hair and most Barbies have blonde hair. You could try to get $10 for the Avon red/black and Polynesian. The Generation Barbie, try for $10, too. Check Ebay sold prices.

judy, pearlsnblume, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  14. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

For reference only:
    Generation Girl

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175272560270?hash=item28cf0f068e:g:zuYAAOSwbnRiGnuJ

Avon Winter Splendor

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134118140115?hash=item1f3a1068d3:g:vS0AAOSwIWFif0P3

Polynesian Barbie, 43 watchers

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174763216005?hash=item28b0b30c85:g:nUMAAOSw1mdgmByW

City Style Barbie

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393947109680?hash=item5bb913d930:g:FSMAAOSwS-piEU44

Another thing.... as a collector, box condition is very important. If it's for a little girl who wants to play with her Barbies, box condition does not matter.

Figtree3, judy, pearlsnblume and 4 others like this.
  15. daveydempsey

Got there at 6.30 and got set up and then it rained.

After my standing fees, diesel, and bridge tolls I made enough to buy a couple beers.:hilarious:
    I was back home by 9.30.
    Can't win em all.

bercrystal, komokwa, Figtree3 and 3 others like this.
  16. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Yup - after all, you told us you earned a month's wages the day before. :D

bercrystal, komokwa, KSW and 4 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted