bamboo drink coasters 14b Last One of wickers i think Yah

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by rknarr2, Jan 31, 2019.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have bamboo drink coasters. The dimensions of the bamboo drink coasters storage box are 4 ¾” x 4 ¾” x 2 ¾” I was wondering origin of country, how old, type of wood used in making it and worth. Thank you for your assistance in this request. Rob
    IMG_7636small.JPG IMG_7638small.JPG IMG_7640small.JPG IMG_7644small.JPG IMG_7641small.JPG

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Made in the The Philippines - again you don't believe? And clearly not wicker.

I don't think they are bamboo - more like the palm frond plant basket.

judy, Christmasjoy and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I would guess, and this is only a guess, 1970's.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. Taupou

Taupou Well-Known Member

The coasters appear to be plaited pandanus, the box they are in looks more like plaited banana leaf. Definitely not bamboo.

But I agree, they're from the Philippines. At least that's what the sticker says!

Bakersgma, Figtree3, judy and 4 others like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Sometimes life is easy.;)
    I agree, some kind of plaited local leaf.

Sorry to say, Rob, the value of most, if not all of your baskets etc is negligible. The time and effort you put into making a thread with nice photos for every single one of them is worth more.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  6. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I just put a lot of them on ebay. Thank you for the information very helpful.

Any Jewelry and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted