Bad ID...old board.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by 42Skeezix, Jun 9, 2014.

1. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Could someone check the thread Glassies, please help ID carnival (?) glass bowl and etched glass lamp.

The bowl is Westmorland Corinth.

I'm not allowed to post correct, factual, helpful information there.

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I'll offer it as a suggestion.

3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I just had a look ove there, its all changed, the Rant Thread is now on eBay Cafe.
    I noticed AF managed to slip in a covert Ad for our site on the Mont Blanc pen post :D:D:D

Bev aka thelmasstuff likes this.
  4. say_it_slowly

Do you think I can slip a mention where I got Don's message? I think I'll try a veiled reference. They recommend Etsy etc. over on Sellers Central so I don't see what the difference is.

Ok, I just mentioned it in a very obscure way.....maybe too obscure:confused:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  5. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

Dave, I noticed that, as well....

6. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

That ad for the forum wasn't so covert! They must be so busy changing things around they haven't noticed it, yet. Or, because this is a forum and not a sales venue, they're ignoring it.

7. Tauriel

Tauriel Active Member

Nope, on ebay forums you are not supposed to post info about other forums,...but..... If something is Id'd on another forum first, and one mentions: it was id'd by, so and so on the antiquers.com e ( for information only) It will probably fly under their radar...Just a thought :)

8. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Thanks for getting that. It can be a toughie to ID as the basic form and the one most found is a vase shape, sometimes worked out into a Jack in the Pulpit vase. The bowl is a vase that was spun out to achieve it's form.

9. Rudy004

Rudy004 New Member

Hi everyone. Davey, I went to the Rant board on eBay Cafe and all the posts are from 2013. I posted a response, eBay appeared to accept it, and when I went back to look my post wasn't even there. I mentioned in my response about the posts being from 2013. It is quite hard to navigate over there.
    This is my first post on here and I like the board.
    Now back to the Stanley Cup....(not a British thing for sure):D

Bev aka thelmasstuff likes this.
  10. say_it_slowly

I think they are in reverse order, I saw 2013 at the end of the list but they were current at the beginning. At least when I looked.

11. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

You have to change your preferences to see the thread the old way. I don't think it will matter much since no one from the antiques board will go to the ebay cafe with any consistency. I know they set up a private antiques rant group within the ebay structure but it is not being used much either. Maybe someone will want to set up a rant thread here in the general discussion threads.

Tauriel likes this.
  12. Rudy004

Rudy004 New Member

Thanks sis..........I'll have a look....only I don't care too much about it, so maybe I won't tonight.

13. Rudy004

Rudy004 New Member

I agree Brad.....was just wondering...........there are a gazillion new links and discussions. I wonder how they can police that.....looks like a nightmare.

Draft saved Draft deleted