Aynsley England pattern Identification

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by mjnanna, Aug 17, 2024.

1. mjnanna

mjnanna New Member

I have several dessert plates and saucers. This is a salmon, cream, white and gold pattern. The mark on bottom is Aynsley England, maybe 1934 - 1950, not sure, but there is also another mark. I think either an M or W in gold close to the rim, on the bottom, of course and the number is either 11919 or it could be 1919. The number is on the saucers, not the plates, but the M or W is on both the plates and saucers. I cannot find this pattern anywhere on any website...
    Any information would be greatly appreciated. 20240817_160733.jpg 20240817.jpg 20240817_160829.jpg

LauraGarnet02 and sabre123 like this.
  2. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

3. mjnanna

mjnanna New Member

Thank you for your input. What do you make of the letter that is also on the plates? It is either an M or a W, not sure how you would read it, but it is done in gold like the trim on the plates. I have not been able to find any information regarding Aynsley china having such initials.

4. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Most likely the initial of one of the employees -- a gilder, perhaps.

mjnanna likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted