Authentic Lalique?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by cfh, Jul 18, 2023.

1. cfh

cfh Well-Known Member

1E39AAA9-3750-4E41-AEAC-F1FAE52EAABA.jpeg 88951DAA-0EA0-4737-94D9-03A6F3460E87.jpeg 09C6BA45-322A-4208-8BC7-4B5CA1BD657B.jpeg 7DDF380A-4829-4EB3-B515-83FE3AEFE3CE.jpeg I purchased this figurine this weekend. It was signed Lalique France. It is the same size an design as other figurines I have found. However, when I compared mine to another online, the signature on mine seemed a bit off. It was a bit messy, and lacked an r in a circle. What are your thoughts? Is it legit? I remembered reading here that there are many Lalique fakes out there.

2. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Just found an Eagles Head Car Mascot (perhaps by Rene). This is the best identification board I've found so far-

https://rlalique.com/blog/

komokwa and cfh like this.
  3. cfh

cfh Well-Known Member

Thanks this gives me lots of info! I appreciate it. I know nothing about this type of glass. I found my answer! Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
    komokwa likes this.
  4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

What was the answer?

cfh likes this.
  5. cfh

cfh Well-Known Member

6. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

There's lots to study on that site & reference pics galore.

cfh likes this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It’s fine, I’ve seen Lalique signatures which were a tad messy. I think the bird is a quail.

johnnycb09 and cfh like this.
  8. cfh

cfh Well-Known Member

Yes, it’s very good. I like that there are lots of pictures that go with the explanations. Great site. Thanks!

9. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted