Asian wall plaques help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Marmenor, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Marmenor

Marmenor New Member

Hi all
    I’ve these two clay wall plates 25cm diameter…not sure if there Chinese/Japanese or approx age?
    Any info would be gladly received
    Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

They are Chinese, and charming.
    My guess is late 19th-early 20th century, but let's wait for the others.

Marmenor, there is no need to start a second thread about the same item. It only leads to confusion when people post in two diferent threads.
    I have posted a link to this thread in the other thread.:)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The dark colors are not particularly attractive to me. Is there anything about that aspect that confirms the general dates?

5. gckimm

gckimm Active Member

Hi:

I would say that these are authentically Chinese, especially because of the traditional hairstyles of the children, but I am unsure of the date. To me, they do not look particularly old. My first guess was mid-20th century, possibly 30s or 40s. I have never seen anything like them.

Greg

Bakersgma likes this.
  6. Marmenor

Marmenor New Member

Thank you all for contributions they have helped tremendously so far

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted