Asian pottery miniature tureen H? mark on moon?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Jul 9, 2014.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I picked this up a couple of days ago & was hoping someone might be able to help me out.

I think the hand painted design is quite well done & is very detailed for something so small. The only mark is shown below & since I had no idea which way was up I photographed it in 4 different positions. I also wondered about the gold H? that is shown in the center of the moon.

It is 4 1/4" to the top of the handle on the lid, 2 3/8" to the side edge & is 5 3/8" by 4 1/8" across the attached under-plate.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :kiss:

2. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Last pic is correct orientation for mark -- a "Fuji" mark, I think. Second character is "yama" which means mountain, IIRC. Didja check gotheborg? Dunno about the "H" in the moon -- that's different!

3. bercrystal

Thank you Wendy!! :kiss:

Now that I know the orientation I did try searching Gotheborg, but I didn't see any marks resembling this one. :(

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Do you think the H was added by someone later?

5. bercrystal

Do you think the H was added by someone later?

I guess it could have been added by someone after the fact, but it looks like the gold is under the glaze.

Draft saved Draft deleted