Featured Asian or European Chinoiserie Pottery Bowls...help, please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by jakatch, Aug 28, 2017.

1. jakatch

jakatch Active Member

I found these 3 small (1 1/4" h X 5 1/2" d) hand-painted bowls with an Asian design. They feel older to me and I'm not sure if they are Chinese or Asian-influenced European Chinoiserie. The detail quality is good but not great for facial features and fingers. They are not marked.
    I would really appreciate any opinions or information about the style, probable origin, and age of these.
    Thanks. P1010039.jpg P1010051.jpg P1010046.jpg P1010050.jpg P1010046.jpg P1010050.jpg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Very charming. Your idea of Chinoiserie is right. I have no idea of the age though, others know more about Western ware.

lauragarnet, Christmasjoy and jakatch like this.
  3. jakatch

jakatch Active Member

Thanks AJ...I'll be patient until someone comes along.

Any Jewelry and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. KentWhirled

KentWhirled Well-Known Member

Transferware with some hand-enamelling. Can't tell who made it -- possibly a Stafforshire factory, possibly 19thc., but I'm not entirely sure.

lauragarnet, judy and jakatch like this.
  5. jakatch

jakatch Active Member

Thank you. I was thinking the black details were transferware so happy for confirmation of that.

judy and KentWhirled like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted