Featured Asian Bowl Identification and Value

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by joe blowski, Feb 17, 2024.

1. joe blowski

joe blowski Active Member

Hi, got this beauty in a local auction but I can't definitively identify it. Seems to be in the family of 'illustrious' persons exports. It is 14" in diameter, 7" tall. No chips or cracks but there is a straw mark in the interior.
    Any help with identification, age and value would be appreciated. Thanks!

toprule.jpg siderule.jpg bside1.jpg bside2.jpg topdwn1.jpg bott1.jpg

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Your picture of the mark is upside down. Chinese, quite possibly 20th century. Given the size I would say a punch bowl.

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

A nice 20th century bowl, love the Dutchman (red hair).
    It is easier to find the mark the right way up:

bott1.jpg

4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Jiaqing mark.

916Bulldogs123 likes this.
  5. joe blowski

joe blowski Active Member

What does that mean? Is it a time period?

916Bulldogs123 likes this.
  6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

7. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Also looks modern to me but worth having. I love how the Chinese made many animals look goofy. I also like their depictions of Europeans. Looks like they used era appropriate depictions of animals but the colors and quality look off. Very cool bowl though. I’d have bought it for the right price. I’ve sold vintage repros of classic China export pieces for decent money before.

Draft saved Draft deleted