Asian blue plate with impressed marking

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by billyd3us, Nov 2, 2018.

1. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

I have had this plate now for over a year, and still I cannot find who made it or when .
    Anyone know this mark or anything about this plate ? I already checked many different Asian sites showing impressed marks but no luck.

Thank You

Billy D. 001.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Just wanted you to know that I went through both Chinese and Japanese sides of Gotheborg for you, Billy, just in case something similar showed up in ink form. No luck, though. It looks like transferware and that rim is very unusual. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 20th century. Pretty too!

scoutshouse likes this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

4. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

Okay cool, Thank You Bakersgma.

scoutshouse likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The distinctive rims on those in the other site sure do look like the rim on Billy's plate. I had sketched out what I could see of the mark on Billy's to aid in my search and tried comparing it to the ones on that blog. Even tried rotating in each possible orientation, but alas, did not see a match. The blogger seemed to think there would be other marks to find.

scoutshouse and i need help like this.
  6. i need help

7. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

INH, you are a fantastic searcher!!!
    Patd

8. i need help

Thank you, I just produce my findings and hope for someone to help figure out verify. :)

Any Jewelry, scoutshouse and komokwa like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Keep producing!:)

Pretty plate, Billy.

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted