Art nouveau brass picture frame, maker?

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Jeff Drum, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

I look at a lot of brass and other metals and rarely put aside a picture frame, though I liked this one, and thought the quality higher than most. It is even marked, but I can't find who the maker could be, hoping for help. I thought it could be art nouveau period (not stuck on those if they are fighting words) and not an obvious reproduction, but mostly a gut feel based on construction and the mark. Shown before and after polishing; brasso is great stuff. Can anyone help (ahem, @i need help )!
    P7122817.JPG P7122819.JPG P7122820.JPG P7122822.JPG P7122826.JPG P7122827.JPG P7132829.JPG P7132830.JPG P7132833.JPG

anundverkaufen, judy, blooey and 2 others like this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I won't hold it if you get into a fight over...Brasso !!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Not having any luck in finding this. Nice workmanship.

6. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

Thanks all. For now I'll park it with my other brass Art Nouveau, Arts and Crafts brasswork. I looked on the oldcopper website but didn't find it there, though that looks to be mostly English companies and not American or Continental Europe so maybe something will turn up.

Now Brasso - there's something that I AM willing to fight over...

Bronwen and i need help like this.
  7. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

So,it's a die stamped plate soldered to a back plate with acid etched details on the leaves etc.

Bronwen likes this.
  8. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

Bronwen likes this.
  9. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Bronwen likes this.