Art Noueau - ish Lady & Her Dog on Board of Dupont Lucite - Who is Artist?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Mar 10, 2023.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I had a 10am appointment at the vet for my dog, but I still had time to go by the thrift store - being in a hurry might be a good thing; this is the only thing I bought!

I had something similar that I posted here some time ago, but I think it was by a different artist. Does anyone know who did this piece? (I used photo taken in thrift store since it came out easier to read)
    How do they do it?

Thank you!

ART PRINT LADY LUCITE BOARD WITH DOG 3AA.jpg ART PRINT LADY LUCITE BOARD WITH DOG 5AA.jpg ART PRINT LADY LUCITE BOARD WITH DOG 9AA.jpg ART PRINT LADY LUCITE BOARD WITH DOG 9CAA.jpg

wlwhittier likes this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

More art-deco-ish revival, and the date will be 1990. Certainly Erte inspired. Maybe a copy.

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I did a Google Lens search. A duplicate didn't come up but lots of Erté did. Inspired by as above.

Debora

moreotherstuff likes this.
  4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I agree.

Debora and moreotherstuff like this.
  5. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

Looks like Erte mixed with Patrick Nagel

journeymagazine likes this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

How is your dog, journey?

IvaPan and BoudiccaJones like this.
  7. journeymagazine

Took her to vet again yesterday because she wasn't eating & just lethargic - turns out her ears are still infected & she's back on the antibiotics 2x a day.
    But this time I have to give them to her religiously; she acted so tired and not wanting to do anything or eat anything I only gave her it once a day when I got her to eat something (it said twice a day with food - since she wouldn't eat I thought it was making her sick & slowed down on her doses. A mistake)
    Thanks for asking Any Jewelry.

8. journeymagazine

Got my blacklight (UV/dog & cat urine detector) in the mail & took photos of the vase with it.
    BUT! The image you see below is not what I saw with my eyes - I saw white with green edges/shadows? (I tried taking pics with & without flash but it didn't show it the way I saw it - what is that? Why is isn't it showing the white & green?

GLASS VASE PURPLE NUDES 1AA.jpg GLASS VASE PURPLE NUDES 1AA.jpg GLASS VASE PURPLE NUDES 2AA.jpg GLASS VASE PURPLE NUDES 3AA.jpg
    GLASS VASE PURPLE NUDES 4AAZ.jpg GLASS VASE PURPLE NUDES 5AA.jpg

Figtree3 likes this.
  9. journeymagazine

Aha! I decided to try to photograph again after posting above, but this time it's night, darker & I took photos from farther away ( left it on the tall boy dresser where I'd placed it yesterday) - and I caught the white & green!
    So what kind of glass do I have?
    Thanks all!

GLASS VASE PURPLE NUDES 6AAZ.jpg

Look at close up below - what are those markings that look like a necklace with a medallion??

GLASS VASE PURPLE NUDES 6AAZXX.jpg GLASS VASE PURPLE NUDES 7AA.jpg GLASS VASE PURPLE NUDES 7AAZ.jpg

Figtree3 and Any Jewelry like this.
  10. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Yay! We have another UV-afficionado on Antiquers!:singing::woot::woot::joyful:

11. journeymagazine

What do I have? Irradiated glass?

12. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Looks like it says Ford, 11/99 the 11th of 99 prints

Figtree3 likes this.
  13. journeymagazine

I thought so too but couldn't find anything for Lucite art print signed Ford?

Draft saved Draft deleted