Featured Art Deco Red Enamelled Brass Bowl Signed Grammes

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by kardinalisimo, May 12, 2015.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Never heard of the maker but found that L.F. Grammes & Sons worked in Allentown, Pa., from 1892 to the 1960s and made metal products through the years, from practical to decorative. Seems like they did quality pieces but not many can be found online.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The leaves have a very Danish style - lots of popularity in the late 30's and 40's.

3. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Very nice!

4. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Kardinalismo, that is an absolutely lovely bowl.

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

very tasty indeed..

6. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

There has GOT to be a connection between this company and Carl Sorensen Bronze (Philly). The leaf casting is a DEAD RINGER for pieces from Sorensen, and the whole piece has a Sorensen feel but possibly newer than the marked Sorensen pieces.

I think there may have been a vase that sat in the center at one time.

Anyway I think checking out any connection between the two might be revealing. I can't help but think this was at least designed by Sorensen for Grammes.

7. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Maybe they just copied the style rather than to have been designed by Sorensen. There is no much info about Grammes and so far finding nothing about their artists.

8. Catherine Skoubs

Catherine Skoubs New Member

I have a similar bowl also signed by Grammes. I would like to sell this bowl, anyone knows w its estimated value?

Draft saved Draft deleted