Featured Art deco LOETZ-Ausfuehrungen-237- Green multicolored, Circa 1907 - 1920

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by AlainGagnon, May 8, 2016.

1. AlainGagnon

AlainGagnon Bonjour, hey bien Oui, Canadian Français ; - D

Hello Everyone.
    This is one of my fav glass vase, it's made by LOETZ " LOETZ-Ausfuehrungen-237", Jade colour ground with confetti multicolours spatter.
    I get this vase from a new friend collector, he decided to downsize is stock, he have only one like that, believe me I have this one in my radar since my first visit at his house, i got quite a few vases from him since our friendship start, Welz, Kralik, Loetz and Ruckl are just few name acquire from him.
    I really adore this acquisition for many reason, first for sure Loetz make it seen differently, second the size is enormous, and third the condition, impeccable and finally this vase glow on UV light.
    This vase carry a nice oval mark

This Beauty stand 10 inch tall, 5.50 inch at the widest portion, 5 inch at the rim, on a 3.25 inch base.

Enjoy

DSCN1840.jpg DSCN1841 (1).jpg
    DSCN1843.jpg DSCN1846 (1).jpg

2. Wanttoknow

Wanttoknow Well-Known Member

First of all: Your vase is beautiful! And also... Thank you so much for this post! Well.... Nine years ago we got a present for our wedding: small vase. Vase wasn't new and for me it looked so... ugly and cheap. I was trying to remember who presented it to us, but the only I remember that it was someone from friends of my husband and I was thinking: How much they hate me and not happy that so cool man got married to me, that they presented so ugly vase. I hate it so much and because of this with every new year I was putting this vase more and more far from me, just don't see it and year ago just put it in the cabinet forever. Only 3 days ago, I was organizing this cabinet and found this vase again and the first move was give it to donation right now! But only one stop me: Actually all friends of my husband smart people with money and I don't think they will buy something cheap... I put this vase to the office and was going to do searching and check what we got and WOW! Thank you! I never hear about this kind of glass art before, but now I know that my vase made by Loetz! But anyway mine is small ugly piece. Will sale it! :joyful:

3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Is this an acid etch mark? Looks like it says Czechoslovakia. Did Loetz sign his pieces that way?
    Asking because I don't really know.

upload_2016-5-8_22-46-13.png

4. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

5. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

@clutteredcloset49

Yes, that is one of the Loetz Acid marks, and yes it says "Czechoslovakia"

cxgirl likes this.
  6. desperate_fun

@Wanttoknow

I would check out prices before you sell your piece. The Ausfuehrung pieces tend to bring a little more money.If you could also post a picture of your piece, I'm sure one of us can confirm an ID for you.

Just an FYI the Text below copied from Loetz.com

The German word, "Ausfuehrung", literally translates in English to "execution". The Ausfuehrung numbers represent different decorative versions executed by Loetz.

Wanttoknow and cxgirl like this.
  7. desperate_fun

8. AlainGagnon

Hi
    Wanttoknow
    I will love to see your piece, before any move, could be surprise.
    Thanks everyone for having a look here

9. desperate_fun

Alain,

I also collect Welz, Kralik, Loetz, Beranek, Harrach as well as Chalet, Flygsfors, Ruba Rombic.

Holy crap I have a problem

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  10. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Thanks for posting this nice vase. I'm not a glass collector (not in any real sense) and didn't know Loetz made a confetti line.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  11. Wanttoknow

Will post pictures today later. But I am still not sure if mine is Loetz - there is no any sign. Will be back soon. :shy:

12. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

For my education, what is the difference between spatter and the end-of-the-day glass, please? I presume the spatter is applied after the shape is blown, whereas EOTD combines the colors during the blowing?

13. desperate_fun

99% of glass you see listed as EOD is not really EOD. Allegedly, EOD was made at the end of ones shift with left over glass. One off pieces as it were.

I really cant comment of what constitutes spatter glass but my understanding is the piece is rolled in frit and then blown and will give you that spatter look. I'm sure there are other glass blowing methods to acheive that look. Hopefully someone more qualified in techniques will chime in.

14. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Thank you for clarifying. Much appreciated.

15. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Thanks, Mr. FUN.

16. desperate_fun

No problem, glad I could help.

17. AlainGagnon

18. Wanttoknow

@AlainGagnon , @desperate_fun OK, I am back with my "baby vase". It is 6" H; top approx. 5" dim top & 2 3/4" dim bottom. I didn't find any marks and don't know if it is good or bad. :rolleyes: DSC01223.JPG DSC01221.JPG DSC01199.JPG DSC01202.JPG DSC01212.JPG DSC01214.JPG

cxgirl and Ruedi like this.
  19. desperate_fun

@Wanttoknow

I'm fairly confident in saying this is not a Loetz Ausf. 237. I'll do some poking around and see if I can come up with a maker/decor

Wanttoknow likes this.
  20. AlainGagnon

Beautiful, Rindskopf,Papillion oil spot, look my post on one of kind Bohemian Vase.
    Same decor, but i never seeing this shape.
    It's not impossible this could be also Kralik

Wanttoknow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted