Featured Art Deco lady box marked LM? French

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Sdcookie2, Jun 19, 2024.

1. Sdcookie2

Sdcookie2 Well-Known Member

Hiya all,

Does anyone know this makers mark?

Thanks a bunch, Steve PXL_20240619_212818470_copy_907x1612.jpg PXL_20240619_212853486_copy_907x1612.jpg

cxgirl, bosko69 and johnnycb09 like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I've seen similar called pompadour boxes.

cxgirl, komokwa and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. Sdcookie2

Sdcookie2 Well-Known Member

cxgirl likes this.
  5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I read somewhere, & please don't ask me to find it ;):happy::hilarious:, that there are sellers who set up in & around Limoges. They paint the different little trinket boxes to sell to mostly the tourists. This could be basically the same type of thing—kind of like a hobbyist painted items.

It would have been somewhere other than Limoges since it is not marked as such.

The initials would be of this unknown seller.

I think she would still be a desirable piece to someone as she has a very Decoish look & people still do collect the powder / trinket jars.

johnnycb09 and cxgirl like this.
  6. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Sweet! I agree with bercrystal (Peggy). The fact that it is marked "Made in France" suggests that it is made for export or for English speaking tourists.

Draft saved Draft deleted