Art Deco Deer

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brubaker50, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Brubaker50

Brubaker50 Well-Known Member

I have this nice piece of Art Deco style deer ashtray and would like a bit of help identifying .I haven’t seen any yet with similar ears I found some black and white ashtrays on another site that look in the same style but no deer.Just marked foreign on the bottom , maybe German perhaps ? CDDA11F9-7ABD-45EC-BEA3-442F1FC5CF0F.jpeg 317CAD3C-9D38-4592-85B7-E6BDED1D1654.jpeg 317CAD3C-9D38-4592-85B7-E6BDED1D1654.jpeg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Looks like made in (perhaps occupied?) Japan to me..

judy likes this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

More likely to be German. It's Art Deco, so probably between the wars. Much stuff imported into the UK from Germany was marked Foreign then. Japanese would not have been at that time.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted