Are these Spanish Pottery Wall Plates antique? How old? Maker?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by alynnfin, Jan 6, 2024.

1. alynnfin

alynnfin Well-Known Member

I bought these because I thought they were collectible yes, but also usable for someone's wall. I am however thinking they might be old. I have no clue. All the backs look about the same except different numbers. They are about 9 1/8 inches in diameter. Any info would be helpful. Thank you. IMG_7749__1704590783_35759.jpg IMG_7755__1704590807_44515.jpg IMG_7760__1704590836_12047.jpg

Figtree3 likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I don't think they're terribly old, by which I mean fairly recent. They're not fully traditional. Both the designs and colorways show a lot of Moroccan influence. And fairly small for a wall hanging plate. Likely a souvenir purchase. Where did you find them?

Debora

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
  3. alynnfin

Thrift store. Thank you.

4. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

5. alynnfin

pearlsnblume likes this.
  6. Sedona

Sedona Well-Known Member

They look very similar to decorative Moroccan plates my in laws brought home from their travels about 20 years ago. Very pretty!

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I’ve a couple that size, bought in Spain in, oh the sixties and seventies. We used them as tea pot stands.

Figtree3 likes this.
  8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Very pretty... would make a nice wall display.

9. alynnfin

Great info. Thank you all so much.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted