Featured Are these pieces etched?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lizzie, Aug 9, 2024.

1. Lizzie

Lizzie All you need is love ...and a dog.

It has been over 20 years since I dealt with depression glassware and I am feeling rather stupid. I have two pink glass cream and sugar sets with floral designs. I remember that there is a difference between wheel cut and etched designs but have totally forgotten how to know the difference. So are these flower patterns etched? I have more pics if needed. I don't know who made them and google was not help. Thank you for any pointers.

resize.jpg

resize 2.jpg

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

3. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Those lines in the flowers would indicate wheel cut as verybrad mentioned.

4. Lizzie

*crs* and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  5. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

Maybe I am wrong, but I think these two sets you are showing would both be considered to be in the "elegant glass" category rather than "depression glass".

6. Lizzie

@LauraGarnet02, I appreciate the information. I did consider that they might be elegant glass. They are heavy pieces and I was thinking that's what made them "depression" glass. As I mentioned its been a long time since I sold vintage glassware so my thought processes are definitely rusty in that area.

Draft saved Draft deleted