Are these newer? Recognize the maker? Ty!!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gauntlettgems, Nov 7, 2020.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

A50B55BF-7CDE-4716-80F2-0F93E4BC085E.jpeg AA0253DA-94B9-4E6B-B8A5-3B4B90092D5A.jpeg
    I can only find bowls with the lines in a horizontal pattern. I’m wondering if these are new. I got a set of 4.
    Does anyone recognize them?
    Thank you for any help.

judy likes this.
  2. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

Florists used these for many years, mid century and much later. Lots and lots out there. Still pretty tho.

3. gauntlettgems

Could I ask what they’d put in the bowls? Like a frog to hold flowers? Just curious. I thought they were really deep for cereal bowls. Lol. Although, I wouldn’t mind using them that way. I love cereal. I also love PA!! @Joe in PA

4. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

Yes, or Florist Foam. There may be other uses as well. Often see these with "Brody" on the bottom. Google "Brody Bowls" and look at the Image results to see a bunch similar

gauntlettgems and patd8643 like this.
  5. gauntlettgems

Cool, tyvm

6. gauntlettgems

I've been looking up the name you gave me for these bowls and I cannot find any with the same stripes mine have I wonder if mine are newer?

Draft saved Draft deleted