ARE THESE ARTS & CRAFT MOVEMENT LAMPS?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Jul 27, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I got these yesterday; they are big & heavy! They also look like they are from the arts crafts movement; are they?
    Thanks
    AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY LAMP ARTS & CRAFT 1AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY LAMP ARTS & CRAFT 2AA.jpg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I LOVE THEM!!!!! The shades go perfectly too!!!! At least I think so!!! I don't have all the different periods firmly planted in my head, but in just looking at their style, I'd probably say yes, BWDIK!!!!:happy::happy::happy:

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Hard to tell from your photographs but, given scale, proportion of shade to base, materials including stained glass, and finishes more likely 1970s.

Debora

4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I think 1970's as well. Do the bases light up where the stained glass is? What funky lamps!

I think they have some collectible interest as vintage pieces. 70's stuff also has a following.

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Not A&C. Agree 70s or later.

Christmasjoy, judy and popsycat like this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I think 70s in an Art Deco Egyptian Revival style. Not A&C as I know it here.

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Agree with the others, 70s or later.
    70s Art Deco Egyptian Revival style sounds very fancy, but yes, it was re-revived in the 70s.;) Those obelisk-like shapes were even around in the 80s and 90s.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The stained glass is a dead giveaway. They'd look right at home in someone's basement bar from the era.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I am quite happy to be educated or shown to be wrong, but in doing a simple 'google' search using same wording "arts and crafts style lamps" for one and "'70s style lamps" for the other, I just don't see it. Maybe I'm not searching right......and a whole lot of you know a whole lot more than I do!!!!!:bag::bag::banhappy::banhappy::banghead::banghead::banghead::jimlad::jimlad::D:D

https://www.google.com/search?q=art...KHRUYCqgQ7Al6BAgEECE&biw=1120&bih=597&dpr=1.5

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&biw=1120&bih=597&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=to9cW4alBYLxzgKduJioCw&q='70s+style+lamps+-+images+-pinterest&oq='70s+style+lamps+-+images+-pinterest&gs_l=img.12...299366.303424.0.307197.9.9.0.0.0.0.71.581.9.9.0....0...1.1.64.img..0.0.0....0.Jm9-bPVLd-8

Christmasjoy likes this.
  10. journeymagazine

Bottom lights up! Then top, then both.
    BUT! 1 isn't working - probably needs to be rewired..
    AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY LAMP ARTS & CRAFT 8AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY LAMP ARTS & CRAFT 8AAA.jpg

cxgirl likes this.
  11. LIbraryLady

LIbraryLady Well-Known Member

70's. Maybe you hadda be there.

verybrad, cxgirl and Bakersgma like this.
  12. journeymagazine

lol! My teens were '74 - '79 (14 - 19). High school ('76 - 78) uniform was elephant bell bottoms, moccasin boots (I begged my mom to buy me a pair of platforms with a goldfish in the heel - wore them once & went back to my boots!, nylon shirts with BIG designs (like a train coming out of a tunnel) & hair to my elbow! Far out dude

cxgirl likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted