Arabic teapot

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Sijames, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Sijames

Sijames New Member

499AD03B-7A91-4A67-9490-99457CFC716B.jpeg 499AD03B-7A91-4A67-9490-99457CFC716B.jpeg
    Hi there

i have acquired this teapot which looks Arabic. I just wondered would anyone know where it’s from or how old it may be?? Thanks!

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's a coffee pot, is all I know. They came from all over North Africa; my Mom brought one back from Egypt. Tourists brought them back early and often.

Figtree3 and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. Sijames

Sijames New Member

Many thanks!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

For google searching, try the name "dallah." =Arabic coffeepot (Arabic: دلة‎)

Figtree3 and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. Sijames

Sijames New Member

Hi there , I just wondered if you thought it would be worth anything?? Thanks!

6. Sijames

Sijames New Member

Thanks!

7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Hello, @Sijames and welcome to Antiquers! A general recommendation to get a sense of value is to look for completed sales on eBay or any other site where you can find listings that actually sold. From other replies it sounds like this type of coffee pot might be commonly available, so not rare.

Best wishes!

komokwa likes this.
  8. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

It does seem to be quite a nice one, even if made for the tourist trade; but my best advice would be to do an ebay search for completed listings using the term "dallah." And be sure to note the difference between listings that have actually sold versus those that closed without bids.

Figtree3 likes this.
  9. Sijames

Sijames New Member

Many thanks!! I appreciate the feedback

10. Sijames

Sijames New Member

Thanks for the advice. I will take a look

Draft saved Draft deleted