Aqua Glass Pitcher

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Mar 26, 2016.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

I guess another Mexico or so piece?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I vote yes.
    greg

3. kardinalisimo

Then it is :)
    By the way, too many bubbles, some even burst, are mostly seen in recent pieces, and antique glass should not have such, right?

4. gregsglass

Hi,
    Right.
    greg

5. TheOLdGuy

TheOLdGuy Well-Known Member

Kard, don't date a piece by bubbles.

Bubbles in old glass bottles and windows are air pockets that became trapped during the manufacturing process. Crude antique glass almost always contains bubbles, and can often add to its appeal and value among collectors.

I'm sure you know that there are many current makers who add bubbles as part of the design. There's a group of modern glass collectors call "bubble glass."

Your piece is not one purposely made with bubbles and also indicates sub-prime with the bent handle.

6. kardinalisimo

Yeah, I know about the so called "controlled bubbles". I am talking about random bubbles which if not wrong are usually a sign of poor quality?

7. gregsglass

Hi,
    It is the amount of bubbles that is usually sign of Mexican glass. The few occasional bubbles are far different that the large amounts in Mexican glass.
    greg

Draft saved Draft deleted