Anyone with a Worthpoint Subscription? Need info....

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by birgittaw, Dec 21, 2014.

1. birgittaw

birgittaw Active Member

I had to laugh this morning when I tried to find the maker of a pair of cast brass dolphin andirons -- and found the set on Worthpoint. What was amusing was it was MY listing from five years ago and I apparently owned this pair before and sold it on eBay.

I always thought I would remember every single sale, but I guess not. No idea what they sold for, and not quite curious enough to spend money to find out. Must have used all my free trials in the past. If anyone has a worthpoint sub, would love to know though. Just thought I'd try here....
    http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/antique-brass-bronzed-andirons-fronts-95307441

Thanks!

Bev aka thelmasstuff and *crs* like this.
  2. Salvatorparadise

Salvatorparadise Active Member

here you go

Attached Files:

3. birgittaw

birgittaw Active Member

Thanks, that wasn't very impressive, was it? LOL, no wonder I didn't bother remembering.... Appreciate your help so much!

4. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

Birg, that is still better than buying some from a thrift, and then remembering you donated it in the first place. Been there - done that. :D

5. birgittaw

birgittaw Active Member

True! There are several things I know that I have owned in the past and bought back only to remember later that they were mine at some earlier point. But not really surprising that you still liked them on the third go around which is why you bought it initially. The theory is that everything rises to the top and sinks to the bottom -- ie. you sold for $200, another dealer got $400, the third $800 and you find it much later at a garage sale at $10...

komokwa and Messilane like this.
  6. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

So true. heeheehee

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i once sold a mask on eBlech....when the guy got ( he was thrilled ) his wife hated it, so we made a deal to exchange it for a superior work by the same artist that was on my web site.
    I was told they were now both happy !!

Several months later my mask shows up on the web site of Vancouver's top native art Gallery............
    I was unimpressed !

8. Salvatorparadise

Salvatorparadise Active Member

yeah what is on worthpoint is just that one likely BIN result
    as we know in this biz the right venue can make all the difference

9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Too true. Things you can't give away locally can sell for big bucks internationally, but some things that are worth real money locally you can't give away on the regional market.

maryislgal likes this.
  10. jim

jim New Member

is worthpoint still active ? The most recent dates I see of items sold is around June of 2014 ? Thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted