Anyone that reads Japanese?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Sdcookie2, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Sdcookie2

Sdcookie2 Well-Known Member

Any help much appreciated.
    Thanks Kim PXL_20211119_181526386~5.jpg PXL_20211119_204935004_copy_768x1365_1.jpg

moreotherstuff, Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  2. gerspee

gerspee Well-Known Member

Had a quick conversation with my sons father in law from Japan and here's his reaction >

龍文堂造 Made by Ryubundo What is Ryubundo? Around the first year of Meiwa (1764), the first Ryubundo Shikata Ryubun was the first in Kyoto to create an iron kettle by wax casting, which is said to be the origin of "Ryubundo". (I started calling myself "Ryubundo" from the time of the second generation Ryubundo, Yasunosuke Shikata) Yasunosuke has disciples such as Hata Kuroroku, who is famous as the creator of the "Kuraroku" iron kettle, and Shohei Kamebundo, the founder of "Kamebundo", both of which make finely crafted iron kettles by wax casting. It had a high reputation. The fame of the iron kettle of "Ryubundo" came to be transmitted throughout Japan throughout the Meiji, Taisho, and early Showa eras, but many forgery works with only the name "Ryubundo" engraved on the back of the lid have been released to the world. .. There is such a passage in the sentence of Natsume Soseki's "I am a cat". "In such a case, you can enjoy tea by listening to the sound of the pine wind of Ryubundo, but it is the best luxury." can do.

moreotherstuff and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted