Featured Anyone recognize this Weller Pottery piece?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by vintagerobin, Apr 21, 2019.

1. vintagerobin

vintagerobin Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to find anything like it.

DSC09099.JPG DSC09100.JPG DSC09101.JPG

Attached Files:

EddieG, Ghopper1924 and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. vintagerobin

3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I think someone will know. My knowledge of Weller is very shallow but having looked through the lone book I have without finding one quite like it, I do wonder if it might be from the Lido line. It does have a similar general shape to some from that line.

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

My Weller book has no pictures of Lido examples but the text description (found under Chelsea Utility Ware) sounds right. Plus the production dates (1935 - late 30's) are about what I would have thought about vintagerobin's piece. The glaze color is right up my collecting alley!

EddieG, judy, cxgirl and 2 others like this.
  5. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

judy likes this.
  6. vintagerobin

judy and cxgirl like this.
  7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I'm adding a photo of Lido from my book. They seem to be two-tone but I have no idea.

img20190422_103137.jpg

cxgirl, Bakersgma and vintagerobin like this.
  8. vintagerobin

After reading your first post, I looked at Google pictures for Weller Lido. I noticed a lot of similarity in design. But it all had the 2 tone finish. So, I wasn't sure.

judy likes this.
  9. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Weller made a lot of pieces that don't quite fit the various lines. I wouldn't be too concerned about ascribing a pattern name to this.

10. vintagerobin

Thank you everyone for your help.

11. EddieG

EddieG Active Member

I bet you have a Pyrex in that color.I ony found one in my life time.They get scooped up fast.

Draft saved Draft deleted