Anyone recognize this glassware?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Happy!, May 18, 2023.

1. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Cute platinum edged glasses, about 4 7/8" tall with this littbule paper insert. Was packed into this "Gift for You" box, but not sure if they were originally together. Thought maybe a hostess gift, but cannot seem to match the "American Heritage" on the paper, led nowhere. Any ideas? Thanks.
    20230518_150902 1000.jpg 20230518_150921 1000.jpg 20230518_150912 1000.jpg

pearlsnblume and Figtree3 like this.
  2. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Did you forget the pictures? ;)

Happy! likes this.
  3. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Keep having difficulties when I post threads, but got it all figured out. For now anyway!

pearlsnblume and *crs* like this.
  4. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

I'm no help here :(

pearlsnblume and Happy! like this.
  5. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Thanks for looking, Carl! These are no big deal, but was curious...

*crs* and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The first entry on this odd page seems to indicate that some of the wording on the piece of paper is for items related to the Cera Glass (ceraglass) company of Hackensack, New Jersey. https://midcenturyglasses.org/tag/stirrers/

This page says that Cera made decorated glass items in the 1950s and 1960s:
    https://southernvintagewares.com/pages/list-of-vintage-glassware-barware-brands#:~:text=Cera Glass was made in,department stores of the era.

However, I notice that Cera Glass pieces were very decorative, with patterns printed on them along with the gold or platinum rims. In a quick search I didn't find an American Heritage pattern for them. But yours could be something completely different. This is just a hint to start further research, I guess.

*crs*, pearlsnblume and Happy! like this.
  7. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Thanks Fig! That link is a good one. "Their glassware bares the signature "Cera"-unfortunately, no maker's marks on these.

Figtree3 and pearlsnblume like this.
  8. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Just as a guess I would say these are from the late 70's. That shape seems to have been popular back then if I remember right.
    I wish I could help more.

Figtree3, Happy! and komokwa like this.
  9. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

I get that 70s vibe too Pearls. Thanks everyone.

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted