Anyone recognize this etched mark on crystal bowl?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by UncleChuckTX, Mar 1, 2024.

1. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

A friend sent me this pic, hoping I could help ID the mark. Best I can tell is that it's a cut crystal block pattern with a polished base. I can't make sense of the mark or what it is representing. It kinda looks like two horns intersecting? Or maybe a musket and powder flask?

Also, I don't know if this is one of those marks that are meant to be seen from inside the bowl, or viewed from the bottom. Just taking a chance that someone has seen it before. I've looked at chatabout and the Great Glass UK marks / logos pages. Thanks for looking!

1709339880608.JPEG

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

un upside down celery , riding a horn of plenty...?

3. UncleChuckTX

Exactly :happy:

Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  4. komokwa

Chuck...I hope u ain't nowhere near a brushfire........ cuz they be nasty...:eek::eek::eek:

&....everything is bigger in Texas....is not the best thing at the moment !!;)

Stay safe !!

5. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

I thought it looked like a horse head in the foreground...or unicorn. But Komo's suggestion is a lot more creative!

UncleChuckTX and komokwa like this.
  6. komokwa

1709339880608.JPEG

.now...right side up ...

UncleChuckTX and Any Jewelry like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

A surfing celery?

komokwa and UncleChuckTX like this.
  8. sabre123

It's one of those marks that looks like complete rubbish any way you turn it!

komokwa and UncleChuckTX like this.
  9. UncleChuckTX

Thanks for your concern. I'm down near the coast, thankfully about a thousand miles away from them.

I think you got it. I'm now seeing two unicorns - a lower one looking left, and one above looking right. Unfortunately not having any luck on Google with a search yet. It keeps trying to sell me those little crystal cubes with laser etchings of unicorns inside.

1709339880608_CROP.jpg

Thanks, everyone! Hope you're having a great weekend so far.

komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  10. sabre123

I got the same thing when I first searched :wacky:

komokwa likes this.
  11. komokwa

I see the 2 unicorns

12. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Looks like a weird guy juggling knives behind his head.

Ah it's the old negative positive optical illusion. I got the unicorns too now.

UncleChuckTX and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted